ALS and PLS Recertification
The combined Advanced Life Support (ALS) and Paediatric Life Support (PLS) program is designed for clinicians of all levels who:
- work with both adult and paediatric patients
- are members of a Medical Emergency or Code Blue team.
During the program you’ll learn adult and paediatric skills and knowledge including:
- basic and advanced airway management
- rhythm interpretation, and effective and safe defibrillation
- delivery of care in accordance with Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and algorithms
- Crisis Resource Management principles
- reflection on practice
- alignment with the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (NSQHSS) standards one to six and nine.
The program includes pre-course online modules and practical and theoretical assessments with:
- a five-hour ALS recertification that includes management of the deteriorating patient
- a three-hour PLS recertification that includes management of the deteriorating paediatric patient.
Who should complete this program?
- Registered and enrolled nurses
- Medical officers
- General practitioners
27 Raymond Tce
South Brisbane 4101
Google map and directions