Hosted by Australian Association of Musculoskeletal Medicine
A learning module for doctors wanting to boost their skills and confidence with patients disabled with low back pain - and the first of four modules for the Certificate in Musculoskeletal Medicine
Learn how to:
- Sharpen your diagnostic skills with more focused history taking
- Refine your physical examination skills and make sense of your findings
- Target and interpret lumbar spinal investigations.
- Make a specific diagnosis leading to effective treatment
- Do basic manual therapy and trigger point injections in your office
- Prescribe appropriate exercises and medications
The module comprises a pre-reading component of ~ 6 hours in preparation for a day-long workshop of interactive tutorials, hands-on physical examination and treatment techniques with feedback, case discussions and mini-lectures. It concludes with a brief multiple-choice question test and a reinforcing activity.
Allocated 40 Category 1 points (Activity Number 162038) in the RACGP QI & CPD Program Application submitted to ACRRM for 30 PRPD Points for the 2017-2019 triennium awaiting approval.
1 32 Billabong St
Stafford, QLD 4053
Google map and directions