Why do nurses live with stress despite knowing it is detrimental to physical and psychological health? Why do nurses expect, even anticipate stress despite solid evidence that chronic stress compromises health? Preventing and coping with emotional and physical hazards in nursing is essential for nurses to compassionately care for others. An appreciation of Psychoneuroimmunology, which explains links between neurological, endocrine and immune systems, lays the foundation for enhanced stress management. This knowledge reveals how certain techniques are effective for relaxation. This unique and dynamic two day seminar provides an opportunity for all nurses to learn:
- Why is stress so detrimental to health?
- How are stress, inflammation and disease linked?
- What is the science of mind body health?
- How are the immune, endocrine and nervous systems connected?
- What are the known benefits of massage therapy and relaxation?
- How do evidenced-based relaxation techniques enhance healing and improve health?
- Realistic approaches to integrate massage therapy and relaxation into modern, daily life and nursing practice
- Opportunities to practice relaxation skills and much, much more…
Attend this seminar to gain practical, evidenced-based stress-reduction skills for yourself and your patients. Book now!
Need for Program
The nature of the profession, unfortunately, exposes nurses to physically and emotionally demanding situations. This daily taxing environment leads to work-related stress. It is well documented that stressful and traumatic events can impact the immune system and affect healing. Psychoneuroimmunology (PNI) examines links between psychological processes and resistance to disease and chronic conditions. An understanding of PNI is important to nurses as it connects the negative impact of stress and the benefits of relaxation on health. Attending this program is more important than ever as it explains PNI research and offers efficacious relaxation strategies to promote mental and physical health in nurses and patients.
Purpose of Program
The purpose of this seminar is to enable nurses to practically implement effective massage therapy and relaxation strategies that are underpinned by strong evidence-based knowledge.
Your Learning Outcomes
- Use PNI research to explain scientific mechanisms of stress related ill health
- Correlate links between stress, inflammation and disease to instil a need for regular relaxation techniques
- Apply evidenced-based relaxation techniques to enhance your own and your patients’ health
- Enhance patients’ experience of care as a result of your better wellbeing!
27 35 Turbot St
Brisbane, QLD 4000
Google map and directions