Earn 14 Hours CPD and learn evidence-based theory and techniques of Conservative Sharp Wound Debridement (CSWD) and in this interactive full day workshop.
Located at our state of the art learning facilities at Spring Hill, this event utilises a practical skills development approach to empower you in utilising CSWD techniques in a variety of wound settings.
- Review the clinicians legal responsibilities relating to conservative sharp wound debridement
- Display an understanding of the physiology of normal wound repair and the body’s response to injury
- Review anatomy and physiology of the lower limbs
- Understand the pathophysiology behind chronic wounds
- Review evidenced based debridement options in chronic wound management
- Demonstrate safe instrument techniques when undertaking CSWD
- Demonstrate the techniques of CSWD in a variety of settings including callous removal in the person with diabetes and removal of devitalised tissue in a variety of wound settings.
- Wound Product User Guide (RRP $30+GST)
- 1x Online module (RRP $50+GST)
- Certificate of Attendance
- Printed slides & learning materials
- 8 hrs CPD workshop, 6 hrs CPD online module
All clinicians who are involved in wound management as part of their day-to-day practice, such as: General Practitioners, Practice Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Community Nurses, Registered & Enrolled Nurses.
- Sharon Whalley NP-candidate, Grad Dip Wound Care
- Sarah Hylton B.Nursing
- Additional presentations from Wound Innovation’s inter-disciplinary team including Podiatrist and General Practitioner
55 Little Edward St
Spring Hill 4000
Google map and directions