This popular program teaches strategies to deal with a range of disruptive and difficult behaviours in the workplace. Learn skills to identify the triggers and defuse these behaviours before they escalate. Includes:
- Why conflictual situations emerge
- Is the problem the system or the people?
- What are the consequences for the patients when conflictual situations emerge?
- Identifying difficult behaviours
- What are the signs of impending conflict?
- How to ‘talk down’ trouble
- What do do when tempers get out of control
Need for Program
A positive approach to defusing difficult or disruptive behaviours is essential in healthcare settings. Disruptive behaviour increases the risk of interfering with the provision of safe patient care. Communication problems, anxiety, and stress can manifest as difficult behaviours that, if not managed skillfully, can escalate to conflict and even aggression. Knowing the early interventions that may defuse disruptive situations early and prevent escalation is critical in healthcare today.
Purpose of Program
This seminar is designed to teach skills to deescalate and better manage disruptive behaviours of team members, patients, and visitors.
Your Learning Outcomes
- Determine whether conflict in your setting is triggered by a system issue or the behaviour of others.
- Describe the action you would take in the next week if a system issue is the cause of disruptive behaviour in your workplace.
- Describe the action you would take in the next week if the cause of the conflict and disruption is the result of particular undesirable behaviours.
- Implement solution-focused communication strategies for defusing conflict, aggression, and disruptive behaviour relative to the situation.
27 35 Turbot St
Brisbane, QLD 4000
Google map and directions