Dementia Essentials: Providing support to people living with dementia
Hosted by Dementia Australia and Anam Cara, Wesley Mission
This is a Dementia Training Australia (DTA) course which is funded by the Australian Government and delivered by Dementia Australia.
Dementia Essentials is a unit of competency designed to assist workers in supporting people living with Dementia.
This course is suitable for people working in aged care, health care and community services. Participants will gain an understanding of:
- Person-centred care and effective communication
- The nature of dementia and its impacts
- Identifying unmet needs
- Understanding changed behaviours and developing effective responses
- Activities to promote well-being
- Community support and services available.
Course duration: 18 hours over 3 days
Cost: Fully funded
Catering: Tea and coffee will be provided
18 CPD Points are available.
239 Gooding Dr
Merrimac, QLD 4226
Google map and directions