Diabetes: Nursing Management Seminar
2 Day Seminar: type 1 and type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Blood Glucose Monitoring, Insulin Administration, Prevention of Complications, Patient Education, Lifestyle Modification
Attend this seminar to learn about modern nursing care and the management of people affected by diabetes mellitus. Update your knowledge of:
- Current protocols for the administration of insulin
- Measurement and management of blood glucose levels
- Lifestyle factors relating to diabetes mellitus
- Patient education strategies
- Prevention of complications
Attend this consistently highly evaluated program if you have not had a formal diabetes update in the past 18 months.
Need for Program
Diabetes is becoming more prevalent worldwide and the associated nursing care is becoming more complex. Nurses are at the forefront of both the prevention and management of diabetes and are critical to patient education and the minimisation of complications. Nurses across a wide range of healthcare settings have a key role in managing diabetes. Therefore, all nurses need ongoing access to quality education in order to be well-informed about the latest evidence and best practice in the management of this complex chronic illness.
Purpose of Program
The purpose of this seminar is to provide nurses with a general update on modern adult diabetes management that translates into improved outcomes for patients with diabetes.
Your Learning Outcomes
- Complete an assessment of a patient with diabetes and implement an evidence-based plan of care
- Evaluate assessment techniques for patients with diabetes, including the effective use of tools such as blood glucose meters, pathology, and monofilaments
- Recognise when a person has metabolic syndrome, pre-diabetes, or issues with glycaemic control and know how to develop an appropriate nursing care plan to prevent escalation of disease
- Determine how lifestyle factors that impact on diabetes management relate to strategies for patient education
20 Mitre St
Port Douglas, Queensland 4877
Google map and directions