Essential Business Skills for Nurses
12 CPD Hours
Welcome – we hope you enjoy exploring the Nursing CPD Seminar information below. If you would like to secure your place or have any further questions please complete the enquiry form.
Are you looking for that next step in your career? As a skilled clinician you are keen to move into a management role – but not sure what will be expected of you? Or perhaps you are already in charge of people and money – and finding neither do what you expect or need them to do! Then Essential Business Skills for Nurses has been created just for you.
This tailor-made course (developed in partnership with clinicians and Health finance teams over many years) will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to confidently address many of the challenges facing nurses in managerial roles.
- The meaning of many financial terms
- How to read financial reports
- How Activity Based Funding works
- How internal controls save you money (and protect you)
- Why others’ approach to work is different from yours
- Strategies to be financially sustainable – and continue to deliver quality patient care
- Understand the myriad of accounting terms and concepts used in health care and how to communicate confidently with your finance staff.
- Learn how to maximise revenue and identify and remove costs that don’t belong in your cost centre
- Understand how your health service is funded and how your decisions impact financial sustainability
- Get maximum Return on Investment (ROI) from your team by identifying how to best relate to their personality type