General Surgical nursing is a fast-paced area of healthcare that requires nurses to be equipped with the latest knowledge. Achieving outcomes such as reduced length of stays, adequate pain management, and patient satisfaction relies on nurses providing evidence-based care across the surgical pathway. This two day seminar will look at:
- Preventing surgical site infections
- Recognising and responding to common post-operative complications early
- Surgical pharmacology - an update on common medicines
- Assessing and managing surgical pain
- Orthopaedic nursing assessment, interventions, and management of complications
Attend this popular and informative seminar. Book now!
Need for Program
General nurses, and those working in surgical units, care for people with a broad range of conditions that require surgical intervention, including orthopaedics. Due to the adverse outcomes associated with preventable errors across the surgical pathway, all nurses must ensure their practice is safe and underpinned by evidence so as to guarantee patient safety and satisfaction.
Purpose of Program
This program updates surgical nurses on current best-practice in regard to several fundamental aspects of surgical and orthopaedic nursing care so as to prevent errors and minimise complications for patients undergoing a range of surgical procedures.
Your Learning Outcomes
- Apply knowledge of common post-operative complications to identify, prevent and manage a patient who is deteriorating
- Improve patient outcomes by assessing and managing postoperative pain more effectively
- Enhanced surgical pharmacology knowledge will assist you to administer appropriate medicines to reduce risks such as post-operative infections and VTE
- Patients undergoing joint replacement surgery will benefit from improved nursing assessment and education
85 N Quay
Brisbane, QLD 4000
Google map and directions