Health Workforce Queensland can provide financial assistance for your training and upskilling!
The Health Workforce Scholarship Program provides scholarships and bursaries to help health professionals in remote and rural Australia to retain and enhance their skills, capacity and scope of practice.
Health Workforce Queensland can provide the following financial support to eligible applicants:
- Scholarships of up to $10,000 per year for up to two years of a course that leads to a post-graduate qualification; or
- A bursary payment to cover the cost of training/course fees and/or cover training related expenses such as accommodation and transport, where appropriate.
To be eligible for a scholarship or bursary you:
- Must be a qualified health professional in the field of medicine, nursing, dentistry, allied health or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health worker;
- Currently provide or are soon to provide health services to locations in MMM 3-7; and
- Are employed in private practice, an Aboriginal Medical Service or a non-government/not-for-profit organisation.
If you apply for a scholarship or bursary by 5:00pm Wednesday 17 April 2019 and are deemed successful, you will go into the draw to win a Fitbit Charge 3 valued at $229.00.
Visit the website to view detailed eligibility criteria and the steps on how to apply.