Because night duty nurses usually practice in less-resourced situations, as well as in the dark of night, they experience a range of particular challenges, including people who rapidly become unwell. Attend this conference and learn about:
- Clinical deterioration at night
- How to assess the skin in five minutes
- Troubleshooting venous access devices
- New evidence on the effects of sleep disturbance
- Finding the time to learn – how to stay up to date at night and much, much more…
Need for Program
Nurses who practice at night may find it more difficult to access education that specifically relates to their work environment. Their challenges may involve reduced availability of resources; increased risk; untoward clinical problems; and patients who are sleeping rather than engaging in daytime schedules, which makes observation more complex. Evidence-based knowledge of a nurse at night is crucial for confident, safe, and effective decision-making.
Purpose of Program
The purpose of this education is to provide a program that focuses specifically on the needs of nurses who work regular or occasional night shifts.
85 N Quay
Google map and directions