Do you face difficult challenges as a nurse manager? Do you take the job home and reconstruct conversations in your mind? This conference shines a light on the many challenges that are today’s “normal” for nurse managers. Come along to this conference and discover:
- Unpacking power and influence
- Where your legitimate authority stops and bullying starts
- Unlocking intergenerational diversity in your unit and then putting it to work
- Red flags in the medicine cupboard
- The impact of ‘turning a blind eye’ - when good people do nothing
- Making decisions you can live with and much, much more ...
Need for Program
There is considerable evidence supporting skilled nurse management as being fundamental to the provision of effective, high-quality, and safe patient care and outcomes. However, the growing complexity of the health workplace has the potential to increase strain on nurse managers who are expected to control units when faced with a range of challenges. If patient care is to be optimised then those who carry these responsibilities must be able to identify the activities that can cause problems and then manage them appropriately.
Purpose of Program
The purpose of this conference is to assist nurse managers to manage day-to-day challenges with clarity and confidence so as to improve patient outcomes.
85 N Quay
Brisbane, QLD 4000
Google map and directions