Palliative Care - CPD for All Nurses Seminar
2 Day Seminar for All Nurses
Are you confused about the practices that you see in your workplace, which are considered to be palliative care? Do you want to build your confidence or validate your practice in quality palliative care? Attend this seminar and make a difference. It includes:
- Plenty of discussion
- Coming to grips with palliative care
- Tips for good symptom management?
- Putting pain into perspective
- Advance Care Planning – what it is and is not
- How to have that sensitive conversation
- Finding the resources
- Current hot topics
Gain knowledge and apply it to your practice immediately. Book now!
Need for Program
Australia has an ageing population which has resulted in an increase in chronic illnesses. Consequently, greater numbers of people now require palliative care. Specialist palliative services already exist especially for complex care needs. However, due to the increased demand for palliative care services, modern policy direction and national standards indicate that non-specialist palliative care is everyone’s business and should be available to all. This means nurses will be expected to provide a palliative approach to care when needed. It is essential that nurses are provided with the knowledge and skills required to provide good quality palliative care when required.
Purpose of Program
The purpose of this program is to provide education to nurses so they can provide a palliative approach to care in any setting.
Your Learning Outcomes
- You will be able to provide a palliative approach to care in any setting
- You will more confidently manage symptoms and explain them to a person’s family
- You will confidently engage in therapeutic communication with patients and relatives at end-of-life
- You will know how to plan and conduct a palliative care case conference
85-87 N Quay
Google map and directions