This course focuses on refreshing nurses with fundamental physiology, of different systems, and how to perform specific focused assessments of patients with respiratory distress. All nurses need to stay sharp with their assessment skills. In this course Rob takes you to the cellular level to fully understand deterioration, normal and pathophysiology. you will really understand those lung sounds. You assessment of shortness of breath and respiratory parameters will be the envy of the ward.
Ask yourself, Can my skills be improved upon? Have you ever asked a desaturated patient to take a few deep breaths, just so the O2 sats probe reads a number you want to write down? Have you ever struggled to understand pre and afterload, and all the respiratory jargon?
Well this course is for you. It might just be the best seminar you attend all year.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Respiratory disease, assessment and management
- Interpreting ABG blood samples
- Assessing respiratory failure, Pulse oximetry, spirometry
- Breath sounds, oximetry, Chest Xray and Acute and chronic respiratory diseases
- Asthma, COPD, Chest infection and Pneumonia
- Trauma to the thorax assessment and management
It journeys the learner through a thorough process of understanding normal physiology to the pathology behind Respiratory deterioration.