Bowel diseases are increasing in Australia today and their treatments are increasingly sophisticated. Bowel diseases have a significant impact on a person’s entire health. Nurses are, therefore, crucial in ensuring patients with bowel disease have the best health outcomes possible. Attend this conference and update your knowledge about:
- The role of the gut microbiome in health and disease
- The huge effects of inflammatory bowel disease
- Nutritional interventions for irritable bowel disease
- How to troubleshoot challenging stomas
- Key medicines used in the management of bowel diseases
- The psychosocial impacts associated with living with a bowel disease and much, much more…
Need for Program
The incidence of people with bowel disease varies in Australia with some, such as inflammatory bowel disease and colon cancer, being common disorders. Bowel diseases are, by nature, anxiety-producing and may cause very uncomfortable symptoms. Current evidence suggests that the timely management of these conditions and best-practice care is imperative if wellness and quality of life is to be preserved. Nurses frequently connect with patients who have disorders of the bowel and are key in their support and in achieving desired outcomes.
Purpose of Program
This conference provides evidence-based knowledge to promote best-practice nursing care of people with bowel conditions.
Your learning outcomes:
85-87 N Quay
Google map and directions