This combined venepuncture and peripheral intravenous cannulation course you provide you with the knowledge and skills to perform venepuncture and cannulation procedures.
Taught in Mater Education’s world-class simulation facilities, this course will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology of vessels
- Venepuncture and cannulation equipment
- Venepuncture and cannulation procedures
- Different venepuncture techniques
- Order of the draw
- Management of complications
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance upon successful completion of the course and assessment in performing venepuncture and peripheral intravenous cannulation in a simulated environment.
Who should attend?
- Registered Nurses
- Enrolled Nurses
- Student doctors
- Research officers
- Other health care workers who require these skills