Points of Difference
- NPAQ is run by nurses, not union officials.
- Zero party politics, which means lower fees.
- Workplace issues are resolved in a consultative manner.
- All issues are completed and not left unresolved.
- Initial response to enquiries within one business day.
Support When You Need It
- NPAQ provides professional indemnity insurance, along with personalised advice and legal assistance, to quickly resolve any workplace issues.
Lower Fees, Without The Politics
- Not one cent of your hard-earned membership money goes to any political party or cause. 100% goes to providing protection and advancement to you and your profession.
- Membership fees are approximately 50% less than QNMU.
Improved Working Conditions
- NPAQ helps and advises working nurses to openly negotiate enterprise agreements, with a focus on practical outcomes in each workplace.
Putting Nurses' Interests First
- Focusing on patient care – not on paperwork. By reducing administration, we aim to let nurses ‘nurse again’.
- Any savings should be passed on as pay rises to nurses not funding administration/HR.
A Choice in Representation
- Only nurses – not the government – should choose who represents and protects them.
- This means all NPAQ nurses – not union officials – have a real say in the running of the health system.