Ausmed's Wound Management Seminar is an essential and very popular course for healthcare professionals, including nurses, general practitioners, podiatrists, pharmacists, and occupational therapists. It is based on the latest evidence for effective wound management. You will learn:
- A strong focus on the foundation principles of wound management
- How to incorporate a patient-centred approach to care
- How to assess and manage chronic and acute wounds
- Dressing selection, compression therapy, and bandaging
Ausmed has a long-standing track record of educating thousands of nurses and other health practitioners across Australia on this topic. Our experienced presenters are popular and extremely adept educators who are consistently very highly evaluated. Don’t miss out – book now!
Need for Program
Nearly half a million Australians are affected by wounds in some way. It is predicted that the prevalence and cost of wound care will rise over the next few years because of the ageing population. Comprehensive assessment guides treatment, and knowledge of the foundation principles of wound care is essential. Additionally, new wound dressing products are becoming increasingly sophisticated. If best patient outcomes are to be achieved, applying evidenced wound management is essential.
Purpose of Program
The purpose of this program is to provide health professionals with up-to-date information, tools, and strategies for best-practice wound management.
Your Learning Outcomes
- Build an understanding of the physiology and pathophysiology of wounds with factors that impact on healing
- Use a systematic approach for assessing a patient and their wound to guide appropriate care
- Describe an appropriate management plan, including dressings, taking into account patient considerations and the pathophysiology of the wound
- Gain confidence in the management of a person with a wound and advocate for best-practice care
554 Ruthven St
Toowoomba, QLD 4350
Google map and directions