- A professional association devoted solely to the professional needs and interests of Nurses.
- Membership is exclusive to practicing employee Registered Nurses, Midwives, Nurse Practitioners and Enrolled Nurses - Self employed nurses and midwives, AINs, PCWs, Allied Health and other hospital employees may join as affiliates.
- Meets the needs of Nursing Registration.
- No party political involvement means the focus is on member needs and lower costs.
- Association structure empowers members and branches.
- The Constitution and By-Laws decentralise the power and keep policy development processes open.
Legal Representation & Industrial Support
Members and affiliates have expert professional industrial backup alongside the NPAQ Professional Indemnity Insurance policy.
Appropriately qualified and skilled personnel will support any workplace-related matter involving compliance to legislation such as entitlements, bullying and harassment, workplace health and safety or Workcover issues in accordance with By-Laws.
As a member or affiliate you also have access to discounted non-work related legal advice - and there is no charge for the first phone call. Contact our Hotline to find out more.
Membership for Nurses and Affiliate options
Only working employee Registered Nurses, Midwives, Nurse Practitioners and Enrolled Nurses may hold the status of Member. Student nurse members and non working members cannot vote or become a delegate.
Also, we meet the needs of AINs, PCWs, Allied Health and other hospital employees. They may join as affiliates which entitles them to the same Professional Indemnity Insurance coverage, legal backup and support services as Members. Self employed nurses and independent midwives are not covered by the NPAQ Professional Indemnity Insurance policy but are eligible for the legal backup and support. As with the affiliates, the only limitation is that they cannot vote or become a delegate and gain voting rights for the Association.
Enterprise Bargaining & Professional Working Conditions
- Skilled negotiating of Enterprise Agreements at the branch, regional and state levels
- Development and management of policy, procedures and systems
- Identifying, promoting and advocating professional issues to the media and government at state and national level
No Party Politics
No member funds can be used for any party political purpose or to support any political party.
With no class wars to fight, no party political agendas to fulfil, no ideological barrows to push and no exorbitant executive salaries to pay, NPAQ is designed exclusively to look after its members' interests and to provide a mechanism for broad-based policy development that has the potential to enhance members' careers.